Friday, June 21, 2013

Waking up

I went into Hadley's room to get her out of bed this morning.  She'd been awake for a little while but she was taking her time mustering the energy to face the day.


By the time I went in there, she was playing with some dolls.


I asked her if she wanted to get up and she told me, "no, I want to play." This girl is the queen of stalling but I'm used to her tactics at bedtime, not in the morning.  Most nights, when she knows it's bedtime, it's the following: she's gotta read a book, she's gotta give a hug, a kiss, a high five.  She's gotta play with this toy or that toy.  The list goes on and on.  I know this game well and I try, most nights, not to play it.  She's fine once she knows you mean business. 

(here she is actually telling me, "not take a picture, Mom.")

So, we played with the dolls for a few minutes, and then got up.  She's becoming more patient with having her hair brushed or braided (not by me!) or put in pigtails. So, I thought I'd try a ponytail.  Oh my gosh, it was adorable. It was pretty loose because I'm not good at doing her hair but it was so sweet.



I tried to get a picture of her face but she wasn't happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment